Events and activities
Reports on the activities of the member organisations of the ICBUW and of the Coalition itself such as seminars, workshops and expert hearings.
Report on the Hearing in the Belgian Parliament organised by the Commission on Defense of the Chamber of Representatives 20 November 2006 - BrusselsMembers of the Kamer Defence Commission today heard evidence from Dr. Keith Baverstock (universiteit Kuopio, Finland), de heer Henk Van der Keur (Stichting Laka), en de heer Sylvano Faccin (Mecar), on the long term consequences of the use of depleted uranium weapons.21 November 2006 - David Heller
- On November 20, 2006, the Belgian House Commission on National Defense
will hold a Hearing in the federal Parliament about weapons systems containing depleted uranium or other industrially manufactured uranium. The hearing will take place from 13:00 to 15:00.16 November 2006 - Willem Van den Panhuysen
- The International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons, is writing on the occasion of the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflicts to urge the U.N. to consider a ban on uranium weapons, specifically depleted uranium weapons, which have been used in at least four wars and most recently in urban areas in the Iraq War of 2003.6 November 2006 - ICBUW
- In January, ICBUW representatives met with Stan Brabant at Handicap International's HQ in Brussels, in an effort to learn from their successful campaigns against landmines and cluster munitions.29 September 2006 - Willem Van den Panhuysen
The International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons (ICBUW) will hold its 3rd Annual Conference this August in Hiroshima, Japan.Raising Our Voices with the Victims for the Total Abolition of DU Weapons.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
International Conference to Ban Uranium Weapons in the European Parliament in Brussels, June 2005 23 March 2005The International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons (ICBUW) will organise an international conference in the building of the European Parliament in Brussels, on 23 and 24 June 2005. Members of Parliament and scientists will be invited to participate in a debate and in workshops.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- On November 6, 2004, ICBUW Netherlands organised an expert debate on uranium weapons at the Asser Institute, The Hague, featuring Dr. Keith Baverstock (former Head of the WHO Radiation Protection Division) and Dr. Manfred Mohr (EU Affairs Officer, Red Cross Germany, Founding Member of IALANA).
By Henk van der Keur & Lizzy Bloem28 September 2006 - RISQ
- This statement was circulated around the globe following the 3rd International ICBUW Conference in Hiroshima, August 2006.28 September 2006 - ICBUW
- The 3rd ICBUW International Conference was held in Hiroshima, between August 3rd-6th. More than 1000 participants, including more than 40 people from 12 different countries and many more from all over Japan, attended the proceedings.28 September 2006 - ICBUW
page 7 of 7 | previous - next