- EDINA, Minnesota - Forty-one anti-uranium weapons activists were arrested at the offices of Alliant Techsystems on October 24, in a nonviolent protest against the company's production of indiscriminate weapons.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- On 29 June 2005, on the 48th day of his hunger-strike, Christian Prud'homme, a veteran of the 1991 Gulf War, was received at the French Ministry of Defence - accompanied by his care-giver and the presidents of Avigolfe and ACDN - by eight Ministry officials, most of whom remained anonymous. Here they will be called "the Ministry". The interview, scheduled to last one hour, lasted three times that long, but produced no tangible result.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- The Belgian bank KBC is the first large Bank Company in Belgium, which has decided to stop investing in manufacturers of uranium weapons.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- Minneapolis, Minn. (USA). Eight anti-nuclear activists were found 'not guilty' of trespassing at Alliant Techsystems (ATK), the largest military contractor in the state of Minnesota, and the largest supplier of uranium munitions in the US.
From: Nukewatch (Press Release)28 September 2006 - ICBUW
- The release of DU into the environment can pollute land and water for decades to come. Its danger is not limited to battlefield releases but will expose present and future generations of civilians to contaminated food and water supplies. Environmental releases of this sort can also be expected to have negative effects on plant and animal life although little is known about this.27 September 2006 - ICBUW
page 28 of 28 | previous - next