- The uranium enrichment multinational Urenco has come under fire from green groups for exporting thousands of tonnes of depleted uranium to Russia, in spite of their appalling safety record and the fact that it is technically illegal.29 September 2006 - Doug Weir
- Australian anti-nuclear campaigners and green groups are fighting to stop the country's biggest uranium and copper mine from destroying a unique desert ecosystem.29 September 2006 - Doug Weir
- On a national level 2005 saw the re-introduction of two bills on depleted uranium in the U.S. House of Representatives. The first bill, H.R. 2410, The Depleted Uranium Munitions Study Act, calls for studies of the health effects of depleted uranium munitions, as well as the clean-up and remediation of manufacturing and testing sites that have been contaminated by DU.29 September 2006 - Gretel Munroe & Tara Thornton
- There are some interesting and important developments taking place in Belgium, regarding parliamentary initiatives against DU weapons. Here is a short update on the current situation. Dutch or French speakers can find more information, and the complete text of the law proposals with the justification, on the websites: http://www.senaat.be and http://www.dekamer.be29 September 2006 - Willen Van Den Panhuysen
- Four members of Christian Peacemakers Teams, a German archaeologist and her taxi driver are missing in Iraq.
By Henk van der Keur29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- On the 17th November 2005, the European Parliament issued, for the third time, a call for a moratorium on the use of so-called ‘depleted’ uranium munitions.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- EDINA, Minnesota - Forty-one anti-uranium weapons activists were arrested at the offices of Alliant Techsystems on October 24, in a nonviolent protest against the company's production of indiscriminate weapons.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- On 29 June 2005, on the 48th day of his hunger-strike, Christian Prud'homme, a veteran of the 1991 Gulf War, was received at the French Ministry of Defence - accompanied by his care-giver and the presidents of Avigolfe and ACDN - by eight Ministry officials, most of whom remained anonymous. Here they will be called "the Ministry". The interview, scheduled to last one hour, lasted three times that long, but produced no tangible result.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- The Belgian bank KBC is the first large Bank Company in Belgium, which has decided to stop investing in manufacturers of uranium weapons.29 September 2006 - ICBUW
- Minneapolis, Minn. (USA). Eight anti-nuclear activists were found 'not guilty' of trespassing at Alliant Techsystems (ATK), the largest military contractor in the state of Minnesota, and the largest supplier of uranium munitions in the US.
From: Nukewatch (Press Release)28 September 2006 - ICBUW