Resolutions and statements on uranium weapons from the European Parliament and Commission.
European Parliament recommendation to the Council of 7 July 2016 on the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly206 Kb - Format pdfu) to urge Member States to support the UN General Assembly resolution ‘Effects of the use of arms and ammunitions containing depleted uranium’ at the 71st session, and to develop an EU common position that better reflects Parliament’s repeated calls for a precautionary global moratorium and the developing global consensus on the potential civilian health risks, complex post-conflict radioactive waste management burden and financial costs associated with the use of such weapons; to include depleted uranium assessment and clearance projects in the EU’s funding instruments for mine action;
- 74 Kb - Format pdfEuropean Parliament12. Calls for the EU to develop a common position in favour of prohibiting the use of depleted uranium munitions and to offer support for the treatment of victims, including victims of chemical weapons, and for possible efforts to decontaminate affected areas;
- 28 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentText of the October 2008 statement to UN delegations ahead of the UN First Committee from the European Parliament.
- 25 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentP6_TA(2008)0233: European Parliament resolution on (depleted) uranium weapons and their effect on human health and the environment – towards a global ban on the use of such weapons
- 97 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentSobre las armas con uranio (empobrecido) y su impacto sobre la salud humana y el medio ambiente – hacia una prohibición global del uso de dichas armas
- 21 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentP6_TA(2006)0493: Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention European Parliament resolution on the Convention on the Prohibition of Biological and Toxin Weapons (BTWC), cluster bombs and conventional arms
- 23 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentP5_TA(2003)0062:Unexploded ordnance and depleted uranium ammunition European Parliament resolution on the harmful effects of unexploded ordnance (landmines and cluster submunitions) and depleted uranium ammunition.
- 29 Kb - Format docEPUse of depleted uranium in Bosnia and Kosovo (Balkan syndrome) B5-0047, 0049, 0050, 0051 and 0054/2001 European Parliament resolution on the consequences of using depleted uranium munitions Original: http://bit.ly/1DYxS0