Legal/Political Supporting texts from 'Banning Uranium Weapons' seminar, UN Oct 8th 2008.
Contains PDF versions of the legal and political documents distributed at the ICBUW workshop 'Banning Uranium Weapons: Legal avenues and political cul-de-sacs'.
9 October 2008 - ICBUW
- 144 Kb - Format pdfICBUW
- 163 Kb - Format pdfICBUWFully updated and referenced text of the grey ICBUW booklet.
- 88 Kb - Format pdfProf. Manfred Mohr, IALANA, ICBUWA short report on the legal status of conventional uranium weapons. Supporting text from 'Banning Uranium Weapons' seminar, UN New York, Oct 8th 2008.
- 148 Kb - Format pdfICBUWICBUW's aspirational draft resolution text for this year's UN First Committee session.
- 25 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentP6_TA(2008)0233: European Parliament resolution on (depleted) uranium weapons and their effect on human health and the environment – towards a global ban on the use of such weapons
- 16 Kb - Format pdfEUROMILThe full text of the 2007 statement by the umbrella organisation for European Military Unions EUROMIL.
- 57 Kb - Format pdfBelgiumThe full text of Belgium's March 2007 domestic law banning the use of uranium in all conventional weapon systems.
- 138 Kb - Format pdfDoug WeirAn opinion piece by ICBUW Coordinator Doug Weir on the movement to ban DU weapons, published by Disarmament Times, summer 2008.
- 28 Kb - Format pdfEuropean ParliamentText of the October 2008 statement to UN delegations ahead of the UN First Committee from the European Parliament.